Feedback Thoughts

 I completely agree that we are all human and everyone makes mistakes. I do believe that in school at times you feel so much pressure to be perfect and that there are no rooms for mistakes because you are graded on everything. In a way, we fear hearing feedback because we know that comes with a bad grade. I completely agree that we should be given feedback for learning without having an attachment to grades. Feedback is a great thing and something we shouldn't be scared about. 


Why rejection hurts so much — and what to do about it

I have personally struggled with the fear of rejection and at times it gets in the way of me trying new things. I feel like we are so use to thinking that rejection is a bad thing and that we should never be rejected because it can be embarrassing. However, I have come to release that everyone gets rejected at one point in their life whether its from a job, someone we like, a friend etc. I have personally tried use rejection as a positive thing and really learn from it. For example, if I was to apply for a job and get rejected the position I would view it as a learning opportunity focusing on what I could do differently next time. I don't think we would be able to really learn without rejection in some ways. I completely agree with the article and how we shouldn't view rejection as something personally because most times it isn't personal. 


Seven Ways to Crush Self- Doubt in Creative Work

I think that everyone battles self doubt at some point just like the fear of rejection. I know personally, many times self doubt can get in the way of me accomplishing certain things. I love this article and how it has a list to combat self doubt. I completely agree with the article that if we stop comparing ourselves to others it will help combat any sort of self doubt we are experiencing. Aside from comparing ourselves to others forgetting about perfectionism will drive away any sort of self doubt. We need to push self doubt away and allow ourselves just to be different because that's what makes everyone so unique.



Comments

Popular Posts