Week 7 Story: King

 "I allow you, by the rules of dharma, to choose your warrior."..... "I allow you, by the rules of dharma, to choose your warrior."........"I allow you, by the rules of dharma, to choose your warrior."......"I allow you, by the rules of dharma, to choose your warrior."......."I allow you, by the rules of dharma, to choose your warrior.".........".I allow you, by the rules of dharma, to choose your warrior."

This statement was on constant reply in Bhima's mind. That short sentence really struck Bhima and as soon as Yudhistira's made the comment he knew his fight wasn't over quite yet. The statement was very heavy on Yudhistira's heart and he was not able to fight Duryodhana. It is almost like Yudhistira's knew that the words would strike Bhima so bad. Bhima told Yudhistira that he cannot win that fight with all the rules that were put in place. Yudhistira replied to Bhima saying "You are the best warrior I know, you got this!" Bhima couldn't believe what Yudhistira said and he felt that Yudhistira was setting him up for failure. He was not willing to lose his life for a king that he no longer believed in. 


Duryodhana: Wikimedia




Authors Note: While reading Mahabharata I always think how Yudhistira shouldn't be king. I don't agree with his actions and he will manipulate anyone. It isn't fair for Duryodhana to choose the warrior he is to fight. It is quite obvious that Duryodhana will win to Bhima. 


Bibliography: Public Domain Mahabharata. Story: Duryodhana Falls

Comments

  1. Hi Sarah!
    I like how you played with the formatting so that as the size of the sentence he was chanting in his head got bigger, it signified that it was becoming more and more for him to handle. I agree that Yudhistira was not the most deserving of being kind, though he was oldest so that made sense. I would have loved for there to be more of your story, however. Half of your story was the chant, and while that is the most important point of your story, I think elaborating more on the aftermath of hearing those words echo in his head all the time would have been interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I agree with Lydia, making the words bigger really added some passion in the quotes! I think a little more elaboration on the story could be beneficial as well, however I did think it was neat to start with the chant and then follow up with the story. The text is a little hard to read because it is a little small, but I also have awful eyesight! Cool approach overall, I liked it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah!

    I really like how each statement got bigger the more Bhima thought about it in his mind. It is really clever. I had a hard time reading the story due to the colors, but overall, you did a good job. I personally would have made the author’s note a bit longer. I agree with you that it is not fair that Duryodhana could choose the warrior he is going to fight with. I thought the picture you included worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah!
    I really like the way you did this! This is definitely the most unique story I have read so far and I have not seen anyone else do anything like this. I like how it is sort of a microfiction. It is so short and so simple, yet still powerful and intriguing. The beginning immediately drew me in. At first, I did not know where you were going with the repetitive statement and the changing size. However it definitely made me want to read more and I like how I felt like I was inside of the mind of Bhima. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sarah! As the previous comments have stated, the formatting of the story really makes your story stand out. It’s a really cool detail, and I found myself increasing the sound of the voice in my head as I kept reading it. I never thought about changing formatting to affect how stories are read, but your story made me re-think it. Great story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts